About the name. I was the youngest of four. Until I got to kindergarten, I didn’t have much to say. All I had to do to get what I wanted was to point, and a sibling, or loving parent, would fulfill my request. As a result, my father coined the nickname — King Midget. At least that’s the way the story goes. (Edited on February 11, 2012: My father let me in on a secret. The title wasn’t an original thought in his head. Instead, way back when, there were cars called King Midget cars. I’ve mentioned it here on this blog somewhere. I’m devastated it wasn’t created out of the original brilliance of my father’s head. OK, maybe not. I still like the name. I’m neither a King nor a midget.
I am a father, husband, friend, and lover, writer, runner, pizza maker, baker, and many other things. What I am not is my occupation. It is my job that pays the bills and provides for my family. But, it does not define me.
100 Things About Me.
My Bucket List:
1. Shag fly balls during batting practice before a Giants game. And, hopefully, not tear my ACL like Mariano Rivera.
2. Live on the Oregon Coast.
3. Have one of my published works noticed by somebody. Anybody. Of course, I’ve gotta get my novels out there to have any chance at this.
Make a pizza with an egg on it. (Achieved many times in 2011 and 2012.)
5. See a game at Fenway and Wrigley before it’s too late. (Added 5/27/12)
6. Purchase a Tear Drop Camper. (Added 5/27/12)
Conquer my fear of roller coasters. (Added on 6/24/12, but accomplished 6/19/12-6/21/12)
8. Ride a real roller coaster, not of the Disneyland variety. (Added on 7/12/12)
9. Corollary to #3 above —
Publish a Novel. (Added on 7/12/12, accomplished 7/15/12)
10. Corollary to the corollary — Publish a Novel via the traditional publisher route. (Added on 7/12/12)
11. Hike Thunder Mountain by Silver Lake (added on 7/15/12)
12. Bicycle the Mormon Immigrant Trail (added on 7/15/12) This will be a tough one for me, but my goal is to do it within the next year. It’s about 25 miles of two lane mountain road that goes mostly uphill … but then it’s a 25 mile return, mostly downhill. Haven’t bicycled much and I hate hills. Time to start training.
13. See the Northern Lights. (added on 7/15/12)